As a pro-gamer, or even as a beginner, you will feel the need for a good quality gaming headset that provides you with the best sound quality so you can make the most out of your gaming experience. For this reason, the following article has reviewed the best gaming headsets that you can buy in 2021. But, we know that every gamer does not necessarily have the budget to invest in pricey and fancy headsets. So, the following products reviewed are all budget-friendly under $100 yet offer the same quality of experience and features as any higher-priced one!
See some of today’s best deals prime of cheap gaming headsets!
1. HyperX Cloud Stinger
Nothing is more important in the best budget headset than the versatility of features that guarantee the user’s comfort and convenience. Thus, the HyperX Cloud Stinger is one of the best cheap gaming headset options in the market with the foam that adjusts itself according to your usage. Moreover, the HyperX Cloud gaming headset also has an incredible noise cancelling feature known as the swivel-to-mute function. This means that you can easily get yourself connected to the gaming world and have no disturbances with this gaming headset.
In addition to this, the HyperX Cloud Stinger also has a robust construction with 90-degree rotating cups. It also has a durable steel slider that perfectly adjusts and fits on your head. The gaming headset is versatilely compatible with both PC gaming and PS4 too. And also, you can use the best headset you have chosen with your MACs and your mobile phones as well.
The HyperX Cloud Stinger weighs only about 224 grams, which makes it lightweight. All the great features like this are backed by a 2-year warranty and a 10-day refund in case of dissatisfaction too.
- Reliable and unique memory foam design.
- Adjustable slider for comfort.
- Lightweight style.
- Intuitive volume control for ease of use.
- Slightly delicate compared to others.
- Lightweight headset (275 gram) with 90-degree rotating ear cups provide a snug fit that conforms to your head
- 50 millimeter directional drivers for audio precision — enjoy the full audioscape of your favorite games
- HyperX signature memory foam provides maximum comfort during extended use
- Adjustable steel slider for a solid and long lasting sturdy feel …
2. SteelSeries Arctis 3
The SteelSeries Arctis 3 is available in a range of options and variety. You get to choose from two color ranges of either black or white gaming headsets. Moreover, the SteelSeries Arctis 3 products also have versatile compatibility with PS4, Xbox One, PCs, MAC, VR gaming, and even Nintendo.
In addition to this, this budget gaming headset is equipped with a highly advanced noise-cancellation feature. SteelSeries Arctis 3 features a microphone certified by discord with a sensitivity of about 48 decibels, meaning it reduces noise and maintains maximum clarity and studio-like sound. SteelSeries Arctis 3 is also highly durable with its high quality construction. It features fully breathable AirWeave ear cushions that ensure comfort, along with a rubber cable that is durable and flexible, both.
Other than the incredible clear cast mic, exceptional foam quality, and low weight of only 10.4 ounces, the SteelSeries Arctis 3 cheap gaming headset also has built-in audio sharing. This makes it a good choice for friends and grouped gaming, and is one of the prime reasons to buy.
- Built-in audio sharing.
- Ski goggle headband for adjustment.
- Color variety available.
- Great quality of construction.
- Lightweight structure for added comfort.
- On-ear amazing audio controls for ease of accessibility.
- SteelSeries Arctis 3 does not have Bluetooth connectivity.
- Not very loud as expected to be.
- Optimal PS5 compatibility requires user to change settings on Sony PS5 – disable Sony 3D Audio and then increase default volume to 100%
- Designed for everywhere you game, with superior sound, comfort and style on all gaming platforms, including pc, PlayStation, Xbox one, Nintendo switch, VR and mobile via detachable 3.5 millimeter cables …
3. Turtle Beach Atlas One
For a loud and clear gaming experience, the Turtle Beach Atlas One will be the perfect pick for you. If you are one of the more vocal gamers who talk a lot during games, then the high sensitivity and extremely clear microphone of this cheap gaming headset will work well for you. The mic has a flip-up design, making the headset useful for mic and non-mic situations.
When it comes to durability, this gaming headset leaves everyone behind with its metal headband that is going to last for a long time during long gaming sessions. It’s fully adjustable, so it also has to offer comfort and convenience. In addition to this, the ear cushions are made with memory foams, so the gaming headset can fit well for the purpose.
You can get the best sound quality with this gaming headset product with its virtual surround sound feature. The surround sound is going to isolate you from the outer world and connect you strongly with the gaming world. The softer section between the ear cushions also makes it great for people with glasses as the foam quickly adjusts and fits itself.
- Glasses-friendly ear cushions.
- Metal headband for added durability.
- Virtual surround sound quality.
- Compatible with Windows PC gaming.
- High sensitivity microphone.
- Wireless dongle
- No color variety.
- No audio controls on the headset.
- Surround Sound Ready for PC Gaming - Optimized to deliver immersive Windows Sonic for Headphones surround sound. *Windows Sonic for Headphones provided by Microsoft for compatible Windows 10 PCs (and Xbox One). Also compatible with Dolby Atmos for Headphones (Additional purchase may be required.)
- Flip-Up Mic - Turtle Beach’s renowned high-sensitivity mic picks up your voice loud and clear, and flips up to mute …
4. Corsair HS50
If you’re looking for durability and great comfort, then the Corsair HS50 will work really well for you. The gaming headset has nicely cushioned ear pads with foam layers that slowly adapts your adjustment and wear style. Moreover, the ear pads also have on-ear controls which allow you to quickly access and adjust the volume and loudness according to your need, while providing excellent sound quality.
Additionally, the gaming headset is also equipped with discord certified microphone. It is meant to offer a really clear and loud voice with a long life too.
The overall gaming headset is built with high quality metal. This guarantees the longevity of the product, and also gives it a really sleek and tidy look. Also, the gaming headset can be bought in a variety of color tones, different colors ranging from blue and black, carbon, and green, and black.
It features 50mm drivers, with a standard 3.5mm analog connector, and is backed by a warranty for 2 years.
- Generous warranty.
- High quality foam padding.
- Discord certified mic quality.
- Color variety available.
- Metal construction guaranteeing longevity.
- No surround sound feature.
- Adjustable ear cups fitted with plush memory foam provide exceptional comfort for hours of gameplay
- High-quality custom-tuned 50 millimeter neodymium Audio drivers deliver superb sound quality with the range to hear everything you need to on the battlefield
- The HS50 pro's light weight and durable construction with aluminum Yokes give it years of longevity …
5. Astro A10
The Astro A10 gaming headset is one of the most advanced and well-built products in the market. The most distinctive feature of this headset is its anodized aluminum headband, which is meant to be resistant to all sorts of damage. The headband is wrapped up with a polycarbonate blend that guarantees comfort and sturdiness together. In addition to this, the headset also is versatilely compatible with a range of gaming platforms, including Xbox, PC, Nintendo Switch, and MAC as well.
It is equipped with a flip-up microphone, which can also be muted when not necessary, so it doesn’t create a disturbance. The product is also compatible with PS4 and Windows 10. Another important feature of the headset is its detachable cable, so it doesn’t get in the way of your gaming experience.
The ear pads and the headband are all made with really high quality material, which not only protects the gaming headset from damage but also minimizes sound disturbances. The black and red design and color combination further make this the perfect addition to your gaming setup.
- Flip-up microphone.
- Durable and adjustable headband.
- Versatile compatibility for user-friendliness.
- Exceptional construction quality.
- Detachable cable system.
- No color option.
- No on-ear audio controls.
- Durability: The A10 Headset features durable headband anodized aluminum wrapped in a damage resistant polycarbonate blend so your headset will withstand wins, losses, and everything in between
- Comfort: Extended comfort memory foam ear-cushions keep you from fatigue so you can play as long as you want in complete comfort …
6. Logitech G430
A true gamer will be able to make great use out of this Logitech G430 gaming headset. It is equipped with the Dolby 7.1 surround sound system that is going to ensure a whole another sound experience during your gaming. The 360-degree sound field will not fail to enhance your experience.
Furthermore, the headset also has a lightweight design with blue colored unique ear cushions. The ear pads have a 90-degree swivel design that allows for a great personalized fit and adjustment. These features guarantee to add comfort to the overall user’s experience. Moreover, the product features a boom mic, ensuring highly clear and crisp sound quality. The mic is foldable, so you can fold it when not in use. The on-cable mute and audio controls further add convenience to the headset.
The 360-degree sound field comes with 40 mm neodymium drivers and a multi-channel sound system, ensuring high quality sound. Moreover, the ear cushions are fully breathable, made with sports-cloth, reducing the chances of sweat and discomfort coming the way of your gaming.
- Highly comfortable sport-cloth ear cushions.
- Adjustable ear pads.
- Lightweight construction.
- Dolby 7.1 sound system for exceptional quality.
- Boom mic for excellent audio quality.
- Weighs slightly more than others.
- Unreliable cable quality.
- DTS Headphone: X and Dolby 7; 1 surround Sound: experience an immersive 360 degree sound field that lets you hear what you can't see
- Built for comfort: lightweight design and soft sport cloth ear cups with 90 degree swivel for maximum comfort and a personalized fit
- Folding, noise cancelling boom mic: reduces background noise for clear voice pick up and rotates up and out of the way …
7. Logitech G432
If you are looking for durable, cheap gaming headsets that feature exceptional quality to provide you with remarkable gaming experience, then this masterpiece by Logitech should be the one for you. The headset features a surround sound system, with powerful 50mm drivers that are going to give you authentic and real sound experience during your gaming.
The 50mm audio drivers are designed in a way that they offer cinematic sound feedback. Plus, the cabled gaming headsets also feature a smart flip-up mic that mutes easily and quickly when flipped up. Furthermore, the ear cups are nicely padded to ensure comfort with leather material that is going to bring elegance to the design and comfort to the user.
The headset offers you to either connect using a standard 3.5mm audio input or a standard USB slot. It has a slim structure, which only weighs about 1.25 pounds. The headset can be used with Nintendo Switch, PC, MAC, Xbox, and Windows 10.
- Leatherette ear cushions.
- Powerful 50mm drivers.
- Surround sound system.
- Flip-up mute mic feature.
- Connects with multiple platforms.
- Lacks programmable buttons.
- No color variety.
- Large 50 millimeter audio drivers produce great sound for a more immersive gaming experience
- Advanced DTS Headphone: X 2; 0 surround sound creates precise positional audio and a 3D soundscape
- 6 millimeter flip to mute mic with volume control at your fingertips
- Connects to PC, mobile devices and game consoles via simple 3.5 millimeter or USB DAC input …
8. NUBWO N7
The NUBWO N7 is packed with advanced features that are meant to make your gaming experience truly pro-level. Upgrade your gaming setup with the N7 headset, which is equipped with a noise cancelling mic that will ensure high quality audio feedback. Moreover, the headset has an impressive design featuring dual 50mm audio drivers that are going to provide powerful quality. It has a flexible, omnidirectional mic that is guaranteed to bring lots of convenience and comfort to the user.
Another important feature of this headset is its online controls and programmable buttons that are easy to access and use, ensuring fuss-free usage during your long hours of gaming. The ear pads are made with durable leatherette, which is a breathable material with exceptional longevity too.
The headset offers you the option to be either bought with or without a USB slot. It is compatible with Xbox, PlayStation, PC, MAC, and Nintendo Switch as well.
- Flexible mic.
- Dual audio drivers for powerful sound.
- Versatile compatibility.
- Leatherette earcups ensure comfort.
- 3D stereo headset sound system.
- USB model costs more.
- lmmersive Gaming Audio. Dual 50mm speaker drivers are engineered to produce detailed, balanced soundscape with ultra-low distortion for your games, music, movies, and more
- Noise-canceling Mic. The flexible omnidirectional microphone captures the user's voice yet eliminates unwanted background noise.
- Convenience to Use: The in-line Audio control makes it possible to conveniently adjust the volume and mute the microphone without having to go into extra settings …
9. Roccat Renga Boost
The Roccat Renga Boost is the perfect headset for pro-level gamers. Not only the features but the design and appearance of the headset also fully contribute to completing your professional-grade gaming setup. The headset has an all-black exterior, with a studio sound system that has a deep bass for a better sound experience.
A very distinctive feature of this headset is its ergonomic ear cup design. It fits your ears perfectly enough to offer you comfort and ease of use as well. Plus, the ear pads are made with breathable cushioning. You can use this headset with various gaming platforms, including PC and mobile phones as well. It can also be used with PlayStation 4. The mic is also fully rotatable.
Equipped with 50mm neodymium audio drivers, the headset is going to deliver crisp and clear studio-quality sound. It also has a well-built ergonomic headband with intelligently designed ear pads with pretty good ventilation, too, ensuring that your ears don’t sweat.
- Earcup ventilation.
- Ergonomic headband.
- Studio quality sound.
- Eye appealing appearance.
- Well-padded ear cushions for comfort.
- No on-ear buttons.
- Lacks any color variety.
10. Razer Electra V2
The best feature of this Razer Electra V2 headset is the outstanding virtual 7.1 surround sound performance. The surround sound system is going to enhance your gaming experience by providing you with authentic sound feedback. Plus, the headset also has a fuss-free auto-adjusting headband that is going to fit you perfectly and meet your gaming needs.
The whole headset, along with the headband, is made with high-grade aluminum casting, ensuring longevity and sturdiness too. Another very significant feature of this headset is its detachable mic. You can easily remove or place back the mic according to your needs and usage. It is a boom mic that is also going to guarantee high quality sound.
It is equipped with 40mm audio drivers, ensuring great quality surround sound, along with lightweight aluminum construction and well-designed quick control buttons. With a standard 3.5mm audio input, the headset can be used with mobiles, Xbox, Mac, and PC too.
- Powerful neodymium audio drivers.
- Versatile compatibility.
- Detachable boom mic.
- Great quality construction.
- Auto-adjusting headband.
- Lacks a USB slot
- No color variety available.
How to Choose the Best Cheap Gaming Headset?
Gaming headsets are almost a necessity in today’s world. With so many choices out there, it is bound to confuse you. And you can’t afford to end up with a bad gaming headset – it will cost you pretty badly.
Here are a few things you should know and consider before making the final decision.
It is necessary to go for the best gaming headset compatible with your device, or it would be of no use.
Depending upon your device, you can choose your gaming headsets. Computers use corded or wireless headsets that can be connected to the USB port with a cable. On the other hand, mobile phones need jacks for corded gaming headsets or Bluetooth wireless headphones.
Before you purchase a gaming headset, make sure you read the specifications to ensure it is compatible with your device.
Wireless or Wire
As the name suggests, wireless gaming headsets are those that come without a wire, whereas the wire gaming headsets come with.
Let’s first look at each of their pros and cons and then leave it on you to decide which is the right one for you.
In recent times, many manufacturers have introduced more and more wireless versions of gaming headsets. If you want to connect your wireless headsets to your PC, that is where Bluetooth technology comes in.
The best part about them is that once you connect a wireless gaming headset, you can walk around the house and get yourself some snacks to munch on, or you can cook or clean while listening to audio or talking to your friend. There are fewer restrictions. However, you can only go a certain distance away from the connected device, as the connection may be interrupted.
Another pro is that wireless gaming headsets usually work with any gaming console or device that supports wireless headset standards.
However, even the best wireless gaming headset has limited battery life. Once the wireless headset battery life is finished, you have to charge them again, so their use is limited to only a few hours. A wireless gaming headset is also more expensive.
Wired Gaming Headsets
These are generally much lighter than wireless headsets, and they don’t require battery charging. There is an extensive range of wired gaming headsets available, so you can choose a wired headset that fits your requirements.
They are also more convenient to use as you don’t have to worry about setting them up or losing them.
However, one thing that wired gaming headsets can’t offer is the freedom of movement. Your movement will be restricted as once the wire is out, the gaming headsets won’t work. Furthermore, they are more prone to damage if you don’t look after the wires and tangles.
Keeping in mind these pros and cons, you may choose the wired gaming headset that you find more fit.
Comfort is a vital factor that you need to consider while choosing the best cheap gaming headsets as you will be wearing them quite often, and you would want to stay comfortable. Therefore, choosing the best budget gaming headset that is comfortable to wear, even for an extended period, is a wise choice.
The headband should not be too heavy and press your ears or crowns, or else it will cause headaches and fatigue. You will know you’ve found a good fit if you no longer notice that you’re wearing a gaming headset. It is also better to look for an adjustable option.
The second important thing to examine is the ear cups or ear pads: its shape, material and whether it has an open or closed design.
Open designs are breathable as they don’t cover your ear and allow some air. Meanwhile, a closed design completely covers your ears, allowing a full experience without any outside noise.
For small ears, on-ear ear pads are the right choice, whereas, for larger ears, over-ear oval ear pads are the right choice.
The material for both should be comfortable. Ear pads are often covered with fabrics for breathability. Some expensive earcups are filled with memory foam to fit your head perfectly.
The price range of best budget gaming headphones varies from brand to brand when it comes to today’s best deals.
Generally, a cheaper product won’t deliver the same quality that expensive ones do. Depending on your budget, you should go for the best quality you can get. Consider going for a medium to high-range model if you want a gaming headset that will last you many years.
The trick is to do your proper research to find one with good quality because if you’re spending money, you should make sure your chosen product is worth every penny!