If you are in the market for one or more cheap gaming keyboards then you have come to right page, here we will give you a range of the cheapest keyboards for gaming that we could find at the time of this article.
When we say cheap we are referring to keyboards costing under $30 and no more than $40, this price range will rule out most of the popular, best-selling keyboards, but don’t worry, there are few bargains to be had.
To give you a starting point, and to save you some time if you are in a hurry, we have arranged this page by presenting our top three cheap gaming keyboards by price range and choosing a couple of the top overall products, based on our criteria below.
Our Number One Cheap Keyboard
If you want to cut to the chase our top choice for the number one cheap keyboard for gamers is…
Well, dammit this was a difficult choice, but we have to go for the Logitech G105 for out top pick, the reason is when we researched it and crunched the numbers the G105 came out tops. From over 300 reviews, the G105 scored 85.25% (4 and 5 star ratings) with just 21 users scoring it 1 and 2 stars (often due to shipping damage). In addition we also took into account gaming features and functions.
Many folks may be jumping up and down at this point saying what about the Razer Deathstalker? Yes, we agree it’s a very popular model but there is no backlighting on the standard Deathstalker ‘Essential’ model, (that costs an extra $18) and it does not score as high overall as the G105 anyway.
At the time of writing the Logitech only just crept under our $40 limit (by 1 cent), so in the interests of the folks that don’t have that much to spend, (and of other makers) we have further divided up our cheap list from the absolute rock-bottom, easy-on-the-wallet price range of $15-25 to the mid $25-35 range, and picked out the top budget keyboards from each price bracket.
There was one keyboard with a higher rating than the G105 and that is the TT eSports Challenger Prime, however there is not enough data as yet to honestly make the Challenger Prime the overall winner, but this would be an excellent second choice as it has a lot of the features gamers like, we believe this model will go on to be a much-loved best-seller.
Two further models at similar prices to consider are the Corsair Raptor K30 and the Qisan USB, both highly rated by gamers.
- Long-life blue LED backlighting: Select from two brightness levels to easily see keys in the dark
- 6 programmable G-keys: Configure up to 18 unique functions per game, including single key presses, complex macros or intricate Lua scripts* (*Requires software installation)
- Multi-key input: Press up to five keys at once to perform multiple complex actions without interference or ghosting …
Choosing A Cheap Keyboard
The crieria for choosing a keyboard to play games on is as simple as deciding on what features you really need and then finding one that fits your budget, if you are not a gamer and are buying one as a gift this page will help you: choose the right keyboard.by giving you a list of gaming features and functions that typically appear on these models.
The Best Value Budget Priced Keyboard
CM Storm Devastator Combo
There is only one contender here, that is the hugely popular CM Storm Devastator, which also comes with a gaming mouse to match, it offers fantastic value for a shade under $30. To read more you can compare keyboard/mouse combo bundles here
Cheap Keyboard and Mouse Combo Deals
Redragon S101 Vajra Combo
Another way to save on costs, especially if buying for several kids, is to go for a gaming keyboard and mouse combo bundle, that way you can get both items at a bargain-basement price. The keyboards that are packaged with combo units are usually quite good, it is usually the mice that sometimes don’t quite work live up to user expectations, but considering the prices there is little room for complaint as long as they work as intended.
- PC GAMING KEYBOARD AND GAMING MOUSE COMBO: Includes Redragon RGB Backlit Computer Gaming Keyboard and RGB Backlit Gaming Mouse. ALL-IN-ONE PC GAMER VALUE KIT, Fantastic for Gamers (New Improved Version)
- RGB BACKLIT GAMING KEYBOARD; 7 different RGB Lighting modes & effects, 4 backlight brightness levels, adjustable breathing speed. The keycaps offering clear uniform backlighting WIN key can be disabled for gaming. The PC Gaming Keyboard has been ergonomically designed to be a superb typing tool for office work as well. The gaming Keyboard is built to withstand the average liquid spill. The integrated wrist rest gives you the comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions …
Lowest Priced Keyboards For Gaming $15 -$25
Azio Levetron L70
In this price range our top choice is the Azio Levetron L70 and hot on its heels are the Inland USB keyboard (it doesn’t have a model name) and the Redragon Karura K502, with a couple of Sharkoon models The Skiller and Tactix just missing the cut.
- Soft touch with quiet keystrokes and Blue backlit LED keys
- Plug and play - simply connect the keyboard to an available USB port and the keyboard will automatically install all the necessary drivers.
- Volume adjustment knob
- Multi-key rollover
- Windows start key lock/unlock
If you have a few dollars more…
Gaming Keyboards Under $35 ($25-35)
We already mentioned the TT eSports Challenger Prime above, which would be our top pick, but a couple of others that made it into this slot is the Redragon S101 Vajra, the Aula 3-color Backlit and the TT eSports Knucker.
Thermaltake eSports Knucker
- 3 Color Keyboard & Mouse: Red, Blue, Purple backlighting with 4 Lighting Effects, Static, Pulse, Pulse Jumping, and Spectrum Running
- Membrane Keyboard: 3 Macro Keys, 20 Million Click Key Lifespan, and Anti-Ghosting Capability. Gaming grade plunger switches give mechanical-like feel with each press
- Avago 5050 Optical Mouse: 400 DPI with DPI adjustment bottom on top of the mouse …
Aula 3-color Backlit
- Special three colors LED backlight, every backlight have four gear to adjust
- Laser carving characters, cool backlight
- Non-slip design
- Game ergonomic
- Strengthen the spacebar/born for game
- Overheating of the keyboard Can cause the it to be less sensitive to Type. If so, please turn off the computer and remove the keyboard to give off heat, then line in the keyboard and turn on the computer …
How This List Was Compiled
Just in case anyone is curious how we arrived at conclusions, in order to compile our list of low-cost gaming keyboards, we drew up a few guidelines. First we only chose products that were at their normal MSRP, we didn’t include any generally more expensive keyboards that were on special offer.
You may want to check for any offers like this though, and the best way to do that is just spend a few seconds looking at the latest deals banner from Amazon at the top left of the page, these prices are from a live feed so they are always current.
Secondly we decided to rule out any keyboard with no buyer feedback from online retailers, this is to weed out any poor products and prevent you from buying the same. In our view this is the most accurate data, because folks tell it like it is, and have nothing to gain or lose by giving an honest opinion of their purchase.
Third we made sure every model we put on out list has at least an average 3.5-star rating, to further rule out any below-par products. That then left us with a shortlist of the best budget keyboards which we have included here, in other words we have saved you a lot of time researching them yourself, enjoy!
Don’t expect miracles from these bargain priced keyboards, most will not have all the fancy nik-naks of the better, higher priced models, but they will do a competent job, and are ideal buys for parents who have one or more youngsters to buy for, who want to get into online gaming.